Beginners Pre–workout Powder Supplement Guide
1) Aim to take your Pre–workout supplement 30 to 60 minutes before your training or event. This will give it time to be fully digested, to get to work. This should help you begin to feel more focused too, and get you into the right mode for a great session.
2) Take your Pre–workout on an empty stomach, away from other meals. Other foods, protein shakes, and smoothies, can reduce the uptake of Pre–workout ingredients. This can be difficult to overcome sometimes – but if you take yours on its own, it's the best way to go.
3) The best use of your Pre–workout powder is to mix it into water – but plain juice, or a sports carbohydrate drink is ok. Use plenty of liquid. A good amount is at least 300ml of liquid (the more the better) to one serve of Pre–workout. Give it a generous amount of time for it to dissolve too, either by stirring, or shaking in a shaker.
4) To prevent digestive troubles interrupting your workout, avoid ingredients like artificial sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium), sugar alcohols (Xylitol, Erythritol), sodium bicarbonate, magnesium, digestive enzymes, and Xanthan Gum. There is a reason the OG supplement 'Superpump' earned the name 'Superdump'!
5) To get the most out of your Pre–workout supplement, focus on putting your all into your training sessions. The ingredients work best under high intensity conditions. The more effort you put in, the more you will benefit from them. Aim to push harder every time you hit training.
All the best with your Pre–workout, let me know if you have any questions.