1) You can out train a less than perfect diet, but training will only get you so far.
2) No matter how you feel about it, you need to include regular cardio exercise on the plan.
3) 4 to 6 workout days per week are best. If you hit 3 days without getting a workout in, this is too long a break.
4) Apart from important micronutrients, Protein is the first nutrition priority to cover, and is best distributed over more meals than less.
5) To prevent muscle loss, resistance training is essential. Challenge the muscles regularly.